Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Friday

Food
Usual breakfast. Chili and an apple for lunch. We had dinner at Hawthorne's NY Pizza. We split a salad (mixed greens, pecans, mandarin oranges, tomatoes, onions, and peppers) and a tomato basil pizza. It was good, not as good as I wanted it to be but I have high expectations when something says NY in the name! Snacks were a cheese stick, Suzi's thin cakes with PB and laughing cow cheese, and frozen yogurt with berries.

Exercise
I went to the gym after work. Friday afternoon is the 2nd best time to go! I did 30 minutes on the arc trainer. 5 minutes on a slow warm up pace followed by alternating 1 minute of full out sprinting pace with 1 minute of slow pace. I did that 9 times and then finished out my time at a moderate pace. The machine said I burned over 400 calories. I followed that up with 15 minutes of various arm exercises. It was a good workout all around.

Learning
I finished "Crazy Sexy Diet". I copied a few recipes and will incorporate her message of increasing my fresh raw veg intake and taking more time to meditate and be mindful. I read an AWESOME article about calories and food types and the best type of diet. You can check it out here: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/26/which-diet-works/?emc=eta1

Observations
Based on the article above and my plan to switch to a dairy free diet next week, I've changed the ratios in my calorie planning app to up my fat a bit and slightly decrease carbs. I use MyFitnessPal to track my eating and I love that they let you customize your fat/protein/carb ratio.

We went to Earth Fare last night, I love that place! We got some yummy tamari almonds and I got a few new things to try like seaweed crackers and miso paste. I'm looking forward to some new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment