Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Thursday

Food
I work late on Thursday so I was home for breakfast. I had a nice big bowl of Kashi Go Lean with a cup of Silk light soymilk and a banana. Lunch was part of my using up the frozen foods with cheese initiative, and I had a broccoli & potatoes with cheddar Lean Cuisine, Morningstar Garden burger and Luna Chocolate Chunk bar. (I usually eat an apple with lunch and the bar as an afternoon snack but I wanted to test the fruit digestion information I've been reading). I usually loved that lunch but it left me feeling kind of gross. I try to plan our dinners so that I can take leftovers to work every day for lunch, and I much prefer eating "real" food. This should actually get easier once I give up dairy as my frozen meal options will be limited. Dinner was leftover quinoa from last night. Snacks were Greek yogurt, an apple, and oatmeal.

Exercise
Again, since I work late on Thursday I usually plan it as an "off" day. I did 30 minutes of a yoga workout after I got up before breakfast to get my blood pumping and a good stretch. The one yoga workout I had saved on the Instant Queue wasn't that good, so I need to look for more or just do the yoga/Pilates blend that I like so much. I also took my normal mid-work day walk, which wasn't the best idea in 100 degree heat!

Learning
Still rocking the "Crazy Sexy Diet" but I'm almost done. It's been an interesting read, but I know that I can't follow her plan. It doesn't fit my schedule, my budget, or my lifestyle right now. However, I did take some valuable pieces with me and she's inspired me to eat more salads and raw veggies as much as I can.

Observations
I'm still feeling under the weather, but not as much as I think I would have in the past. I have a sore throat and can see dark red on my tonsils, but I'm not as tired or blah as I normally would be when my throat looks like that. I think my eating and active lifestyle have given me a sick buffer, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing! It's harder to tell when I'm not well, and I actually feel like I used to most of the time when I'm sick now. I'm waiting to see how I feel later but I'd like to get in a workout this afternoon since I leave work early on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment