Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

WIAW + Health Update

It's been a very challenging week. I have been to 4 doctor's appointments in the last week and spent most of my weekend going through the house with Carly to divide our stuff and help her pack. I've been having low white/red blood cell counts since November and have been working with a new primary care doctor and hematologist on that. I am scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy next week, and have an appointment with a rheumatologist to check for autoimmune disorders at the end of the month. I also had a CT scan of my pancreas on Monday. I'm hopeful that this will get figured out soon.

I can still keep my arms and abs working!

I also saw a different orthopedic doctor on Monday for my foot. Another good news/bad news outcome there. He confirmed that I have some bone bruising that never got to the point of being a fracture (good news). Bad news is that I'm rocking a surgical shoe for the next two weeks, then have 4-6 weeks of limited use before I can start doing activities that put weight on my foot. I'm still okay to lift weights and do core as long as I'm off my foot, and can do gym cycling when the next two weeks are up. I'm a bit frustrated with the original doctor I saw. I wish he'd put me on this regimen a month ago so I'd be almost healed now. This new doctor was excellent. He explained everything in detail and also let me know that my bones are strong and well-suited to running.

Onto the food!

Power bowl: braised kale, quinoa, steamed broccoli, roasted red peppers, olives & vegan parm.

Edamame stew with eggplant and zucchini. 

Rawsta with pesto, pearl onions & English peas. 

AMAZING plate of plantain tortillas, mole black beans, fajita veggies and fresh veggies. I ate this as tacos with guacamole on top. 

Lunch at Infusion Tea. Tempeh chili and a half avocado hummus sandwich. 

Had to highlight my oil free braised greens again!

Kale, tomato and brown rice soup. 



No comments:

Post a Comment