Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday + Changes

This week was my first taste of what life will be like as a single person. Carly has been out of town for work since last Wednesday, and she is moving out this weekend. I am used to planning meals for each night of the week since our leftovers would be used up for lunch the next day. Now the dishes I usually make last 3-5 days! Beyond the routine changes, the emotional impact of our separation is starting to feel more oppressive. I am really struggling with day to day tasks and with not using food as a way to soothe my emotional pain. The next few weeks are going to be rough but I will do my best to muddle through. Onto the food...


Tofu scramble with a side of nooch grits

Saturday was the Central FL Earth Fest and I had this lovely raw Mexican tostada from Vitality Bistro, and a brownie from Raphsodic Bakery.

Tofu scramble round 2 with a side of sweet potato wedges.

My first attempt at banana ice cream - SO GOOD! It was 2 frozen bananas, 1 Tbsp of Vega Chocolate protein powder, 1 Tbsp of peanut butter and some splashes of almond milk. Topped with some raw sliced almonds.

Moroccan carrot salad on greens.

Lentil plantain soup.

Leftover carrot salad mixed with greens and hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment