Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Small Step Sunday: KISS

When I teach classes about presentation skills this is one of my slides:


I make them tell me what KISS stands for (it's usually good for a cheap laugh): Keep It Simple Stupid!

It's really easy to over-think things, especially when it comes to diet. I know a lot of people don't eat healthy because they think it's more difficult and time consuming. That can be true, but it's easy to make healthy choices if you keep them simple.

What this means in practice:
1. Use pre-sliced veggies and salad blends
2. Don't get fancy - if you want fruit, eat a whole piece! Don't worry about making fruit salads or smoothies if all you can manage is to eat the banana. I do this a lot with my dinners. I want to have a salad but don't feel like chopping things up small, so I just throw a handful of baby carrots or a few small peppers on the side of my plate.
3. Always make leftovers.
4. Use easy recipes. One blog I love for that is Lisa's Project: Vegan
5. Don't eat anything with ingredients you can't pronounce or that are a mystery. AKA eat real food

A good example: the main dish, a defrosted muffin and quick sliced veg!

No comments:

Post a Comment