Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday

It's pretty obvious at this point that my week was dominated by getting ready for and competing in my first half marathon. I don't think it affected my food choices too much though, although the day of my race was atypical!

Madras curry with chickpeas, cauliflower, broccoli and peas. It was good but not great, I'll post a recipe if I can get it right!

Thursday night I had to pick up my race packet at the local running store, which is across the street from one of our favorite restaurants in Orlando - Hawker's Asian Street Fare.  It's basically Asian style tapas so I got a bunch of raw and steamed veg options. Plus...

Tofu lettuce wraps - yum!

This was my dinner the night before my race. I wanted to carbo load responsibly so I made some of my favorites: roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted sweet potato, and black beans. Served with greens and raw veg. 

Sunday morning my legs were not feeling my usual bike ride, so I made pancakes instead! I added some pumpkin to this batch which might have to stay in the recipe. Served with apples mixed with sunflower butter and maple syrup. Also a good idea. 

Sunday lunch - leftover celebration pizza and a big ass salad.

This is the Ranch Salad from Isa Does It. I'm not sure if I loved the combo of steamed potatoes and chickpeas, but the dressing was awesome. 

If you've been following these posts, you know we eat this dish a lot - Vietnamese bun salad. This time we used a pre-marinated peanut tofu which was awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment