Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Half Marathon Playlist

There is mixed opinion on the use of headphones/music while running. Some races don't allow it, and some do. I always run with music (set to a volume where I can easily hear traffic), and the few times I've tried to run without haven't been as enjoyable. I usually run with electronic dance podcasts, but I knew for the half marathon I wanted to have songs that were both familiar and motivating.

I've discussed the importance of mantras and positive self-talk, and I was super pleased with my music selections when I was out on the course with a side stitch and feeling miserable. There were so many moments where I felt bad or overwhelmed or like I wouldn't make it and then a song lyric would pop through my headphones and give me a little push. I wanted to share my playlist with you.

Click to go over to 8tracks and listen

Track listing:

Aphrodite Ready Or Not (Jungle Remix)
Kid Cudi Day 'N' Nite - Crookers Remix
Outkast The Rooster
Foster the People Helena Beat
Rodrigo Y Gabriela Hanuman
Vampire Weekend Mansard Roof
MGMT Electric Feel
Gorillaz Dare (Junior Sanchez Remix)
Kelis Acapella (David Guetta Edit)
Santigold GO!
Otep Breed
Kevin Rudolf Ft. Lil' Wayne Let It Rock
Michael Jackson P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
Big Sean Slight Work (Feat. Wale)
Elliphant TeKKno Scene feat. Adam Kanyama
No Doubt You Can Do It
Calvin Harris Sweet Nothing (Feat. Florence Welch)
Outkast Gasoline Dreams
Morgan Page Body Work (Club Mix) (ft. Tegan and Sara)
Knife Party Bonfire
Dizzee Rascal & Armand Van Helden Bonkers (Radio Edit)
Band Of Skulls I Know What I Am
Bush Everything Zen
Ellie Goulding Lights (Bassnectar Remix)
Brazilian Girls Don't Stop
Gossip Move in the Right Direction
Jim Jones & Ron Browz Pop Champagne
Major Lazer Original Don (Crookers Remix)
Major Lazer  Keep it Goin Louder (Tom Stephan Harder Remix)
Missy Elliot 4 My People f. Eve
Nicki Minaj Pound The Alarm
Rihanna                        Jump
Tegan & Sara Hell
Dave Matthews Band Two Step
No Doubt End It On This

No comments:

Post a Comment