Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Couldn’t Say it Better

I've been waiting until I had enough good links to do my second edition of “Couldn't Say It Better”. I hope you enjoy these articles/links!

10 Truths All Healthy People Know
I have to admit that I’m a sucker for lists. They are quick and easy to read and this one includes most of the things that took me a long time to know or understand, but that I fully believe in.

Hungry Planet: What The World Eats
This is absolutely one of the most telling and fascinating things I've seen. It features photos from the book “Hungry Planet” by Peter Menzel and Faith D’Aluisio. They embarked on a project to capture the weekly food purchases of families around the world. Each photo shows the family with their food and has a description plus a dollar amount. This is important work and shows how much the processed food industry has degraded local eating habits.

Let's Retire These Damaging Mainstream Nutrition Beliefs, Please
Another list, but more rich with content and written by Andy Bellatti (a plant based dietitian that I highly respect). I love when nutritionists and dietitians get real and go past the mainstream messages they are supposed to send. Also, it’s good advice regardless of your feelings on plant based diets.

20 Wonderful Effects Exercise Has on the Mind
We all know that exercise is good for our physical bodies, and here’s 20 reasons why it’s good for our mental/emotional/spiritual selves as well. Move your bodies, people!

Drink Cherry Juice for a Sore Muscle Cure
I am a firm believer in using food as medicine. Even though I’m training for a half marathon I never take any anti-inflammatory drugs and I haven’t had a headache in at least 6 months. Cherries are my go to, and this article tells you why.

Today is World Food Day: Perspectives
This article is from Marion Nestle, who is not plant based but is one of my favorite nutrition experts. Her book “Why Calories Count” taught me a lot about food and how our bodies use it. She’s amazing! This is a nice, short article on some of the political realities of our world food problems.

How to do the Perfect Plank
It is what it says, and it’s very useful. We should all be planking regularly (I did three of these variations on Sunday!).

No comments:

Post a Comment