Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday + Relationships

I am on a mission to start building and fostering relationships locally. I have amazing family and friends in my life, but the majority of them live more than 8 hours drive away. This is probably a topic for an entire post, but this is my way of saying that I'll probably be eating out more and taking less photos of my food than in the past. I've had a couple good meals this week that didn't get captured digitally, and I'm okay with that. Onto the food.


Fajita salad

Saw my first double rainbow this week!!!

Got to spend a night with my sweet beagle <3

Couldn't pass up the local corn! Served with roasted sweet potatoes, lentils, and a salad. 

Garlic broccoli at Lac Viet. 

Box of gluten free, vegan goodies from Raphsodic Bakery.

Sunday night I went to a potluck with a bunch of my librarian co-workers, and they all made vegan food even though none of them are vegan! So freaking awesome. I made a wild rice edamame salad. I also had lentils, baked polenta with veg, two chickpea salads, roasted veggies, fresh fruit and of course several samples of the desserts pictured above!

Spaghetti squash topped with a tomato sauce with onions, artichokes and peas. Nooch and olives for garnish. 

My Southern homage: grits, black eyed peas and collard greens. 

3 comments: