Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday

I'm happy to have remembered to do a What I Ate Wednesday post this week - my last one was December 11th!  I did a good job eating healthy throughout the holiday season but I think I've been focused on eating as clean as possible this year without doing something crazy like a fast/cleanse/detox. I've debated doing those many times, but I think my diet is so clean that it's not really necessary. Enjoy!


Tofu bun from our new favorite Vietnamese place,  Lac Viet Bistro. Check my Orlando Eats post for more!

New Years Eve we had the best intentions of cooking but were out all day and ran out of time. Takeout pizza with added vegan parm.

New Years Day dinner - braised collard greens with black eyed peas and tomatoes served on brown rice with fresh veg as garnish.

One dish, two platings - mine is on the left: taco salad, Carly's on the right: tacos with a mess of lettuce

Found this new vending machine at work - it has vegan cookies, Larabars, edamame, kombucha and coconut water! Jackpot!

Our good friend Heather and her family were in Orlando for vacation so we met for dinner at Downtown Disney. We went to Raglan Road which had a naturally vegan appetizer, two vegan entree options, and even a fruit plate for dessert! This was my "side" of roasted root veg. 

Vegetarian platter and vegan empanada at Black Bean Deli - this should have made my Orlando Eats post, it's hands down the best Cuban food in Orlando plus they have great beverages and coffee.


I don't take many lunch pictures but this was a good example of a typical leftover lunch - homemade plantains, black beans from Black Bean Deli, and a salad with roasted sweet potatoes. 

One of my favorite easy dinners, Moroccan Carrot Salad - this is great to make a night ahead!


Another dinner favorite, tofu bun salads - I wonder how many times this has shown up on my What I Ate Wednesday posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment