Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday

We ate a lot of new things this week - happy to share them! My half marathon is on Saturday and I'm not going to lie - I'm getting nervous! It's odd to be resting this week, but I know my body needs it before the race. If you missed my Thanksgiving pictures, check them out here.

Leftover hoisin black bean burgers on a big salad. The burgers held up very well, I was impressed!

New recipe: Mexican hash browns. There's a bottom layer of sweet & white potato hash browns covered with a Mexican spiced bean and veggie stir fry. The hash brown part needs work before I'd post the recipe, but it was still good! Jicama on the side.

Burrito: brown rice tortilla, black bean hummus, sauteed onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach, scallions, salsa - delicious and quick!


We went on a date to a Thai place - vegetable spring rolls and Panang curry with tofu

Another new one - we saw carrot dogs being sold at a farmer's market and that inspired this dish. Carly ate hers in a bun! We roasted the carrots and served them with quick homemade baked beans and cole slaw (I made mine with hummus). 

Random snack of chopped apple mixed with a bit of almond butter, granola and cinnamon. When I'm at work I tend to have store bought bars for a snack, but when I'm home I like to mix it up.

Summer rolls to go - they were actually easier to eat the next day!
The rolls have black lentils, sauteed pesto mushrooms, and fresh carrot & scallions. I also made a few with leftover Thanksgiving sweet potato mash. They were great! My fave delicata squash on the side. 


Our Thanksgiving leftovers soup. Carrots, celery, onion, butternut squash, cabbage, kale and vegan sausage. 

Go to dinner: Mexican sauteed veg and beans on a salad. This iteration had leftover black lentils and a ton of broccoli. Roasted plantains on the side (always). 

No comments:

Post a Comment