Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day Trip - New Smyrna Beach

Yesterday we took an impromptu trip to New Smyrna Beach, about an hour and fifteen minutes from our house in Orlando. My in-laws rented a condo there over the summer and Carly spent some time there with them. They had a great lunch at Cafe Verde and Carly wanted me to check it out. 

Cafe Verde is just off the main beach drag - Flagler Ave. It has an eclectic menu with lots of vegan and vegan-izable options. They serve beer & wine and several house brewed teas. 

I was hungry when we got there so I ordered these yuca fries with mojo dipping sauce for a starter. They were well seasoned and the sauce was spectacular. 

My main lunch - vegan tacos! Corn tortillas with tofu, pico de gallo & avocado cream sauce. Really delicious!

Carly got the BLT scallop tacos. I snuck some rice and plantains. She loved them. 

We split this as a side and it was the star of the meal - sauteed Brussels sprouts and asparagus with cashews. We definitely want to make this at home. 

We happened to get there in the middle of an art festival lining Flagler Ave. Lots of cute vendors and we also checked out the shops. 

I had (have) a bad sore throat so we stopped for cold treats. Coconut shaved ice for me, cappucino ice cream for Carly. 

After the eats we wandered a bit more and then drove to a beach bar to sit and watch the ocean for awhile. Click for pics!








No comments:

Post a Comment