Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tuesday

Food
Usual breakfast. Lunch was a Kashi spinach & artichoke pasta (best frozen meal I've ever had!), a small piece of focaccia, and a salad. Dinner was veggie meat tacos with roasted cauliflower. Snacks were tamari almonds, a Luna bar, watermelon, and oatmeal with blueberries. It was our first time making roasted cauliflower and I loved it! It's not usually my favorite thing but for some reason roasting it with garlic is incredible.

Exercise
I went to the gym for cardio. I did 30 tough minutes on the arc trainer. My legs were burning during the first two sprint intervals and I had serious thoughts of either giving up or not doing any more fast intervals. As I kept going my legs loosened up and I managed to piece together 9 total minutes of sprint pace. I was quite proud of myself after and I felt that great after workout high.

Learning
Nothing new here.

Observations
I'm almost there with the lack of dairy in my life. I'm not planning on any more but Carly brought me a homemade cranberry oat cookie that I'm not sure about, so if it does have dairy that will be my last dairy food for the foreseeable future. I'm lucky to have a partner who is so supportive of my dietary decisions. It can be hard to plan meals that will satisfy us both, and my not eating cheese will only make it harder. I appreciate her willingness to adapt and to try new foods and new ways of cooking. It makes my life easier than a lot of other plant based eaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment